Respiratory testing can mean many things, depending on what your family doctor suspects you suffer from, whether it be Asthma, COPD, Sleep Apnea or another chronic lung condition.
We perform the following tests:
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT): This measures how well the lungs take in and release air and how well they move gases such as oxygen from the atmosphere into the body’s circulation. This test is often suggested to diagnose Asthma.
- Spirometry: Measures the amount (volume) and/or speed (flow) of air that can be inhaled and exhaled.
- Methacholine Challenge: Determines how responsive (or irritable) the airways are and to determine the severity of any asthma.
- Arterial Blood Gas: Used to measure the acidity (ph) and the levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood from an artery. This test is often used for patients looking to be on oxygen.
- Xolair Injections: Used to treat moderate to severe asthma that is caused by allergies, and chronic idiopathic urticaria.
- Smoking Cessation/Inhaler Technique: We can help you quit smoking and/or educate on proper inhaler technique so you get the most out of your medication.
Ask your family doctor about getting a referral to Peak.