Infectious Disease Consultations
Learn about our infectious disease specialist, what she sees for, and her wait times.
About Infectious Diseases
Infectious diseases are disorders caused by organisms — such as bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites. Many organisms live in and on our bodies. They're normally harmless or even helpful, but under certain conditions, some organisms may cause disease. Some infectious diseases can be passed from person to person (Source: Mayo Clinic).
Both Adult and Pediatric patients can be referred to Peak's IInfectious Disease specialist for:
- Immunization Consults for immunocompromised patients and vaccination recommendations, patients on immunosuppressant drugs (e.g. immunomodulators, Biologics) or chemotherapy and immunizations needs, vaccine hesitant patients, immunization reactions and concerns for re-vaccination.
- Recurrent fever syndromes, recurrent infections, recurrence of infection with resistant organisms (e.g urinary tract infections) Concerns about possible immunodeficiencies
- Recurrent skin and soft tissue infections and decolonization (e.g. MRSA)
- Treatment and recurrence of C.difficile infections
- Herpes Simplex infections and prophylaxis
- Rheumatic fever consults
- Treatment follow up of patients with congenital CMV
- Pulmonary nodules
- Dermatophytic skin infections and onychomycosis
- Sexually Transmitted Infections in adolescents
- Infectious issues in special populations (CGD, asplenics, other immunocompromised populations)
- Follow up of Kawasaki Disease cases
- Otitis externa, chronic suppurative otitis media, resistant upper respiratory infections
Our Infectious Disease Specialist
*Physicians: Please note that referrals must be accompanied with a consult note. Consult notes on their own are also accepted.
Dr. Constantinescu is currently a Medical Education Master’s Candidate through the University of Calgary.
Located inside the Pinnacle Medical Centre at Coop Crowfoot, beside the Crowfoot Co-op.
Address: 31 Crowfoot Way NW, T3G 2L4