Sherwood Park, AB
Peak Medical Group provides a variety of services including: pulmonary function testing, sleep apnea testing/assessment/treatment, home oxygen and specialty consultations including Respirology, Allergy and Internal Medicine. We have numerous locations across Alberta.
Peak medical group is currently seeking Respiratory Therapists that possess critical thinking skills, are driven and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Possessing good computer skills and a flexible schedule is beneficial. The Respiratory Therapist would be required to provide quality customer care and education.
There are Respiratory Therapy positions available at various sites across the province in our Pulmonary Function Labs, Sleep Clinics and Home Oxygen locations. The individual(s) selected for a position will be responsible for performing quality testing and assessments as well as providing education for patients with a wide range of respiratory disorders. The role frequently requires close communication with the Respirologists based out of various locations, the administrative staff, Clinical Operations Manager and the Director of Clinical Services/Education. The Respiratory Therapist would have the choice of working in all three areas (PFT, Sleep, O2) or just a single area. Training will be provided.
Please Note: This position is part-time
- Performing Pulmonary Function Testing (Spirometry, Lung Volumes, Diffusion Capacity, Methacholine Challenge, MIPs/MEPs, and calibration of machines.
- Perform Arterial Blood Gases on patients.
- Give Xolair injections to severe Asthma patients.
- Sleep testing as well as assessment and treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Perform Oxygen assessment on patients.
- Quality testing/assessments including proper coaching/education and appropriate charting/documentation.
- The ability and knowledge to respond to critical values.
- Provide education and inhaler technique to patients.
- Responsible to help create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Entry of patient vitals, chart notes and other medical information as applicable into the EMR.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Respiratory Therapy is required.
- Experience in Pulmonary Function Testing and/or Sleep Therapy is an asset.
- Current CSRT and CARTA registrations are required.
- Current HCP CPR is required.
- First Aid Training and ACLS Certifications are an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure & multitask.
- Ability to travel to various locations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal, reliable vehicle.
Please visit our Website : www.peakpulmonary.com
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Peak Medical Group provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking park in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.